We are engineering the future at Milwee Middle School by providing an innovative pre-engineering curriculum that challenges ALL students.
We do that by…
- Offering an advanced curriculum that features a creative, innovative program centered on math, science, investigation and discovery.
- Teaching the engineering design process.
- Utilizing coding within video game design, robotics and web design.
- Collaborating with community leaders to emphasize future ready skills.
The Only SCPS Middle School to offer Project Lead the Way!
PLTW Gateway, the middle school curriculum from Project Lead the Way, engages students in hands-on, collaborative problem solving focused on real-world challenges. Students are also stepping into roles spanning the engineering career landscape.
This unique program fuels students’ passion for discovery through:
- Design and Modeling
- Science of Technology
- Automation and Robotics
- Medical Detectives
- Green Architecture
- Energy and the Environment
- Flight and Space
- Introduction to Computer Science
- App Creators
- Magic of Electrons
Expanding on Engineering with Amazing Experiences Outside of the Classroom
We provide our students with an array of extracurricular opportunities and unique field trips to broaden their knowledge of engineering.
- FIRST LEGO League
- Technology Student Association (TSA)
- Student Astronaut Challenge
- SECME Club • VEX Robotics
- SeaPerch Underwater Robotics
- Girls Engineering Breakfast Club
School-wide field trips by grade level:
- Kennedy Space Center (6th Grade) - Interact with immersive NASA simulators and exhibits
- Lake Lotus Park (7th Grade) - Instructed by chemists and engineers
- I-Drive NASCAR (8th Grade) - STEM opportunities in partnership with UCF
SCPS Pre-IB Preparatory Program
WHO - Highly motivated students looking for a challenging academic program.
HOW - With a rigorous course of study, analytical thinking, research and problem solving. Students are also required to take a world language.
WHY - Students completing this program are set up for a successful transition into the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Magnet Programme (available at Seminole or Winter Springs High School contingent upon high school zoning restrictions) or Advanced Placement coursework at the high school level. Seminole County Public Schools Pre-IB Preparatory Program was designed by and for Seminole County Public Schools and is not affiliated with the International Baccalaureate Organization.
Students who complete eighth grade at Milwee Middle School have the opportunity to continue to pursue their interests utilizing program links at:
- Lyman High School’s Academy of Engineering International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme at Seminole
- Winter Springs High School (eligibility determined by zoned high school)
To apply, submit an online application at: seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us. Students who submit an application on time are given priority placement.