FOR 6TH AND 7TH GRADERS ONLY:
We would like to invite you to attend our 2014-2015 “Student Led Conference” event. The purpose of this event is to give you an opportunity to spend about 30 minutes with your student while he/she reviews with you several areas of their academic performance and goals. This may include grades, FCAT scores, Discovery Education benchmark scores and other classroom assessments/tests. This event will take place on a teacher workday between the hours of 8:30 and Noon. Invitations will be sent home with students on September 5th and you can also RSVP using the link at the bottom of this page.
Our goal is to assist students in taking greater responsibility for their educational process and success. Students will learn and understand the measurements that are used to monitor their academic progress and can communicate their progress to their parent/guardian. We hope that it will increase their sense of empowerment in managing their own education. We will offer a variety of resources so that you will be able to actively participate in their educational process. Family engagement is a critical component of student success.
One of Milwee’s primary goals for the 2014-2015 school year is that EVERY student will make at least one year’s learning gain. In order to achieve that goal we must:
- Encourage students to accept personal responsibility for their academic performance
- Help students recognize and take ownership for the things that interfered with their learning success
- Teach students the process of self-evaluation
- Develop students’ oral communication skills and organizational skills
- Increase students’ self-confidence
- Enhance communication between students and parents about their education
Click Here to RSVP for the 2014-2015 Student Led Conferences